We love kittens! We can't wait to meet the newest addition to your family.
Did you just adopt a new kitten? Whether you are a new or experienced cat owner, Eagan Pet Clinic strives to provide you with all the information needed to keep your kitten happy and healthy!
We are excited to welcome your loving and adorable new companion to our family at Eagan Pet Clinic! We will be here to support and provide you with all of the care, guidance, and information you will need to ensure that your new kitten grows up strong, healthy and happy!
Your Kitten's First Wellness Exam
We recommend testing your kitten for Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency virus. These viruses can cause serious illness in your cat and are contagious to other cats. It is especially important to test for these before introducing your new kitten to other cats in the household.
Your kitten's first visit will include:
- A complete physical examination of your kitten
- A thorough and safe vaccination schedule will be recommended based on your kitten's medical history, lifestyle, and age
- Intestinal parasite deworming
- Discussion on litter box training, socialization and play behavior, dietary recommendations, home dental care, pet insurance
- Discussion of the spay/neuter procedure
- Discussion of flea, tick, heartworm and internal parasite prevention
- A picture session that we will use to generate an individualized magnet of your kitten
At the time of your first visit, please bring any prior health information provided to you about your kitten such as vaccination history or previous dewormings that were administered. If your kitten is experiencing soft stool or diarrhea then please bring a stool sample that is no more than four hours old.